McDonalds has apologized after a man and his child were served a very sub-standard McChicken sandwich. Simon Williams, from Cross Hands, took his 8-year old daughter to his local branch of the fast food chain, but was shocked at what she received.

He said his daughter could have suffered food poisoning or become very ill if he hadn’t noticed that the chicken was frozen.

After a restaurant-level investigation, McDonald’s concluded that the product had not been reheated fully due to human error. To get the latest WalesOnline newsletters emailed to you directly for free click here.

Read more:Welsh McDonald’s bans youths from dining in after 4pm after staff were abused and threatened

Simon said: “We went to the drive throught at around 7.30pm for a chicken sandwich meal for my eight year-old daughter. When we went home my daughter said, ‘my chicken is freezing’ and she spat the chicken out thank goodness. When I felt the chicken it was freezing, it wasn’t cooked at all – stone cold. We took the meal straight back to Cross Hands Mc Donald’s and asked for the manager. “



McDonalds in Cross Hands

Simon said the incident wasn’t the first to happen that evening. He added: “As I was leaving, a lady came in holding a meal and I asked her ‘what’s wrong’, she replied saying it was frozen and It was the same meal I bought for my daughter. She said it wasn’t the first time it’s happened to her. This could have made my daughter seriously ill. The following day, I went back as the refund didn’t go into my bank. The manager was great, very apologetic, and gave me the refund. ” We rated every McDonald’s in Wales from worst to best – find out the winners and losers here.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections. Unfortunately on this occasion we did not meet these standards.

“As soon as the team were made aware, they conducted a restaurant-level investigation and concluded that the product had not been reheated fully due to human error. The restaurant team have been reminded of the correct procedures to help ensure this does not happen again. We would encourage the customer to contact our customer services team who can provide further assistance. “

.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.