• The Caring Closet at Greensburg Church of the Brethren, 554 Stanton St., is open from 8 am to 4 pm Tuesdays. Free food, clothing, shoes and more available. Donations of canned food and non-perishable items are welcome. Call the church to arrange for a pickup. Details: 724-834-2130.
• The monthly Boro Boys Breakfast at Derry First United Methodist Church will be at 9 am March. 15 at the church, 311 N. Ligonier St. Cost: $ 7. Reservations required. Reservations: Rich, 724-694-9528.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region will offer Lucky the Leprechaun Lunch delivery March 17. Cost: $ 12 each, includes a ham and provolone sandwich or veggie hummus wrap boxed lunch and a visit from Lucky the Leprechaun. A minimum of five lunches per location required and must be within a 2-mile radius of downtown Greensburg, unless placing a large order. Proceeds will be used to serve children on the group’s waiting list. Order deadline: March 13. Orders: bbbslr.org. Details: 724-837-6198.
• Takeout ham and beef dinners will be sold from 3 to 6 pm March 19 at Paradise United Methodist Church, 105 Hoke Road, Bullskin Township. Menu: ham, beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, green beans, applesauce, coleslaw, bread and butter and cookie. Cost: $ 15 children $ 6. Advance orders required by March 13. Orders and details: 724-887-6148.
• “A Night At the Speakeasy,” to benefit The Lamp Theater, Irwin, will be from 6:30 to 10:30 pm March 19 at Stratigos Banquet Center, 131 Colonial Manor Road, North Huntingdon. A cocktail hour will be at 6:30 pm and dinner will be served at 7:30. There will be a cash bar, dancing, entertainment, auction and prizes. The suggested attire is cocktail dress, formalwear and 1920s-themed clothing. Admission: $ 95 each or $ 900 for a table of 10. Tickets: lamptheatre.org or at the Lamp Theater box office.
• Greensburg Garden Center will host its annual spring tea, “Tea With Friends,” at noon March 26 at Maplewood Presbyterian Church, 108 Woodland Road, Greensburg. Doors open at 11 am and there will be entertainment, prizes and a basket raffle. Takeout boxes will be available by ordering in advance. Admission: $ 30. Reservations required. Reservations: 724-837-0245.
• Derry United Methodist Church, 311 N. Ligonier St, is accepting space reservations for a craft and vendor show set for 10 am to 4 pm March 26 at the church. Details: 724-694-8333.
• The 20th annual Westmoreland County March for Parks event will be March 26 at seven locations in the county, including Twin Lakes Park, Mammoth Park, and Historic Hanna’s Town. Check in is from 9 am to noon. Walkers will turn in donations and contributions and those who turn in at least $ 30 will earn an event t-shirt or doggie bandana and there will be raffles and family-friendly activities and games. Registration and details: co.westmoreland.pa.us/MFP or call 724-830-3950.
• Excela Health will offer wellness check diagnostic screenings from 6:30 to 9:30 am March 19 at Ligonier Town Hall on the Diamond. Sponsored by Ligonier Volunteer Hose Co. Well. 1. Covid-19 guidelines will be observed. Appointments required. Registration and details: 877-771-1234, 10 am to 3 pm weekdays.
• West Newton Library is giving away current magazines in the library book sale room. The book sale also continues for $ 5 per bag. Hours: noon to 5 pm Mondays and Thursdays, noon to 7 pm Wednesdays and 10 am to 2 pm Saturdays. Details: 724-633-0798.
• The Westmoreland County / Lauren Highlands chapter of the American Field Service high school exchange program is seeking host families for the 2022-23 school year. An informational meeting will be at 7 pm March 14 at One Room Schoolhouse, 810 Welty St., Greensburg. Current students will discuss their experiences and host families will be recognized. Details: Dar Frederickson, 724-787-8863 or afsusa.org.
• Level Green Seniors will meet at 11 am March 17 at the Level Green Lions Community Building, 123 Murrysville Road, Penn Township. Lunch menu: kosher corned beef and potato salad. Cost: $ 6, payable in advance. Magician Chuck Caputo will entertain and bingo will be afterward. New members welcome. Details: Mary, 412-372-5422.
• The Greensburg-Jeannette NAACP Prayer Luncheon will be at 11 am March 26 at Giannilli’s II, Route 30, Greensburg. The Rev. Marcia Parrish of Ebenezer Christian Worship Center, Clairton, will be the guest preacher, with her co-pastor, the Rev. Dennis Parrish. Cost: $ 30. Paid reservations required by March 22. Checks payable to Greensburg-Jeannette NAACP with the names of those attending can be sent to the office, 1011 Old Salem Road, Suite 111, Greensburg PA 15601. Details: Adrienne Russell or Ruth Tolbert, 724-691-2925.