Comments are taken directly from the latest Thurston County inspection reports, which are available at each food establishment, at the Thurston County Environmental Health Office and their website at co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehfood. For questions concerning these reports, contact the health office at 360-867-2667.
Report restaurant complaints, including violations related to COVID-19 restrictions, online via the complaint form here: https://www.thurstoncouncy.gov/phss/Pages/eh-problem.aspx.
Reading inspection scores:
- Attention should be given to the type of violation (red versus blue) and whether the restaurant has a history of red violations or repeat violations.
- Red violations are those most likely to cause food-borne illness and must be corrected immediately if feasible or according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: not keeping food at the right temperature.
- Blue violations relate to the overall cleanliness and condition of operation and must be corrected according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: a worn floor that needs replacing.
- Some common abbreviations: PHF / TCS is potentially hazardous food / time control for safety; RTE is ready to eat; PIC is person in charge; FWC is food worker card; CDI is corrected during inspection.
315 Cooper Point Road NW, # 105, Olympia
March 3: 30 red; 0 blue.
Comments: Raw chicken was stored over raw beef rather than below it. Chicken was improperly cooled in a pan deeper than 2 inches.
Cooper Point Chevron
2205 Cooper Point Road SW, Olympia
March 7: 35 red; 5 blue.
Comments: An employee changed tasks without washing their hands. A hand-sink did not have hand-drying provisions or a waste receptacle. There was also no bucket with sanitizer prepared in the food preparation area.
Mobil Gas # 62512
701 Trosper Road SW, Tumwater
March 8: 0 red; 2 blue.
Comments: Hand wash signage was missing near a sink. This was corrected on site.
Jack in the Box # 8471
110 Trosper Road SW, Tumwater
March 8: 5 red; 0 blue.
Comments: Two food worker cards were missing, and one needed to be renewed.
Pad Thai Express
315 Cooper Point Road NW # 102, Olympia
March 9: 0 red; 7 blue.
Comments: The sanitizer was too strong, but it was diluted on site. The men’s restroom lacked a hand-washing sign.
- Gravity Coffee Company (3520 Pacific Ave. SE, Olympia)
- Arco AM / PM 7063 (175 Evergreen Park Drive SW, Olympia)
- Domino’s Pizza (3225 Harrison Ave. NW, Olympia)
- Handy Mart (2010 Division St. NW, Olympia)